200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training
September 21 – December 8, 2024
Sa. 13.00 – 22.00 & Su. 09:00 – 15:00
THE HEART OF TEACHING YOGA
Essential Foundation and Techniques
We have created a program to deepen your personal practice and will get you ready to teach creative, and transformative yoga classes. Our training is hybrid and modular that provides 45 hours of online content, 160 hours of in-person training, and a 4-day full intensive at Dom Aurora.
We provide holistic experiences designed and give you the tools to be an effective yoga teacher. Here you’ll explore union through movement, exploration, and service and find lifelong friends, confidence and the ability to teach qualitative yoga classes that are rooted in the traditional lineage of T.Krishnamacharya.
The modules in this training can be booked separately or as a whole.
Embodied Yoga Teacher Training
Over the course of this training, we will establish a consistent daily asana practice, immerse ourselves into yogic scripture and self-study, and lay the foundation for as lifelong learning as yoga students and as teachers.
This training will take place at Manas Yoga Studio, Saturdays (13:00-22:00) and Sundays (9:00-15:00) from September 21 to December 8 2024. A 4-day all inclusive stay at Dom Aurora in Carinthia, Austria will cap this event. There, we will live and learn together and nourish our senses. We will be served vegan/vegetarian food that are prepared from seasonal, organic and farm to table ingredients that are influenced by TCM, Ayurveda and Italian kitchen. We will immerse ourselves in teaching of yoga and learn how to use your voice, understand assists, alignment and use of basic props and also learn how to position yourself as a teacher in the Yoga market.
This is a certified Yoga Alliance yoga teacher training and will provide accredited hours upon completion.
Module 1 – Yoga Humanities
In this module you’ll delve into Yoga history, Philosophy and Ethics.
This module includes:
- The Ancient Roots of Yoga
- The Vedas
- The Upanishad
- The Bhagavad Gita
- The Yoga Sutra of Patanjali
- Modern Yoga
- The Subtle Bodies
- Maha Guna
- The Pancha Kosha
- The Nadis
- The Bandhas
- The Chakras
- The Tridosha
- The Ethics of Yoga
- Ethical Commitment, Scope of Practice, Code of Conduct, and Equity
- Lifetime of learning and Continuing education
Module 3 – Techniques, Training, and Practice
This module focuses on the practical applications of different types of Yoga styles, Pranayama and Meditation
- Intro to Yin Yoga, Restorative and Adaptive Yoga
- Intro to Pranayama
- Effects of Pranayama on the Physical Body
- Pranayama and Emotional Regulation
- Pranayama and the Central Nervous System
- Pranayama and Molecular Level Changes
- Methods of Pranayama
- Intro to Meditation
Concentrative Meditation Techniques
- Non- Concentrative Meditation
- Mudhras and Mantras
Module 2 – Anatomy, Physiology, and Biomechanics
In this module you’ll learn about the anatomy, physiology and biomechanics of yoga and the yoga asanas.
This module includes:
- Yoga Anatomy and Physiology
Body Structures and Movement
- Functional Anatomy
- Anatomical Patterns in Asana
- Anatomy Pattern in Standing Asana
- Anatomy Pattern in Forward Fold and Hip Openers
- Anatomical Patterns in Seated and Twists
- Anatomical Patterns in Backbends
- Anatomical Pattern in Inversions
- Anatomical Pattern in Arm Balances
- Surya Namaskara – The Sun Salutations
Module 4 – Professional Essentials
This comprehensive course combines the practical application and theory of the essential tools yoga teachers should have to be successful not only in the yoga profession, but also in the yoga business. Participants will have the opportunity to learn the material through a hands-on approach.
- Sequencing and Planning Classes
- Principles of Sequencing
- Basic Arc Structure of Classes
- Planning Special Classes
- Techniques and Tools in Teaching
- Teaching Who’s In Front of You
- Voice and Language
- Basic Elements of Asana Practice
- General Principle In Giving Cues and Adjustments
- Modification, Variations and Use of Props
- The Business of Yoga
Asana Practice •13:00-15:00
Afternoon Session •15:30-18:30
Evening Session •21:00-22:00
Asana Practice •9:00-11:00
Afternoon Session •12:00-15:00
200-hour Course Manual
Daily Asana, Prananyama and Meditation Practice
4 days / 3 nights Accommodation at Dom Aurora
Shared Room with en-suite bath
3 organic daily meals
Snacks and Refreshments
*A non-refundable deposit of €500 is required to secure your space.
*The YTT must be paid in full 45 days prior to the start date. *Please refer to our Terms & Conditions with regards to cancellations and refunds. *Members get a 10% discount on this yoga teacher training.